4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2019 5:05 PM by Dhairya Dhanaji Pawar

GDP RANKING

Ahmed Maher

I have countries GDP ranking over years, when i put years in pages the rank just changes, i want the country itself moves up and down upon its rank in this year, as i see this in this video and i love the idea and the viz.

video link: Top 10 Country GDP Ranking History (1960-2017) - YouTube

• 1. Re: GDP RANKING
          Zhouyi Zhang

Hi, Ahmed

Use your year as filter instead of drag it to page, page is something like a view filter, the data behind is actually not fitlered, so the rank isn't based on what data filter from the view, but calculated regardless of the view filter.

Below is the sample using filter rather than page to filter the data and the rank looks correct.

Workbook attached for your reference.

ZZ

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: GDP RANKING
            Jim Dehner

I looked at the video - don't think this was done with Pages shelf

Pages work ad different points in the order of operation - I think this was probably individual sheets filtered by year and strung together  in a recording

you would not need rank jus sort by the GDP -

Sorry

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: GDP RANKING
              Ahmed Maher

Thanks that is work with me but in a manual way, i think i will search more to be automate.

• 4. Re: GDP RANKING
                Dhairya Dhanaji Pawar

Hey Ahmed did you got any solution over this?