6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2019 5:58 AM by Michael Schartau

Color - measure values

Michael Schartau

Hi

I have 2 measure values - and I have create it so that based on the amount of the cost - then it shows a red, green or blue color.

But my problem is that it also shows the colors on trip days - and I dont want colors on trip days.

Anyone who can help?

• 1. Re: Color - measure values
          Prasanna R

Hi Michael,

The issue here is you have just one mark which has both the marks (Cost and Trip). So the color, size etc that you apply to a mark gets affected on all values.

The solution is to bring in 2 different Marks.

I am giving an example of your problem below using the superstore example. You see that I have a logic that says if the Sales is more than 25K then its Green, if it is more than 15K then its blue else its red. So when I apply that on the Color it applies to both Sales and Profit.

Solution

I have created 2 marks. Just added 0 in the column shelf twice and added the color only to the mark that needs it. So I added it only to the Sales Mark shelf. This way you get the color as required.

Attaching the workbook (2018.3) for your reference.

Best Regards

RP

*If this helps, then please mark it Helpful and Correct to close this thread

• 2. Re: Color - measure values
            Michael Schartau

Hi

Thanks for your help. your explanation make sense. I tried to follow your solutions - but I can not make it work as it should.

Can you explain the solution more in detail (with examples.)?

• 3. Re: Color - measure values
              Prasanna R

No Problem Michael. See if you can follow this, else let me know.

First lets try to recreate the following view. Place your date in the column, your dimension in your rows shelf.

The key is now to just double click on the Column Shelf and type '0' and hit enter

You will see this happen

Now to the second part, add another 0 in the Column shelf as shown above. This will give you another mark for your to enter details. Just make sure you do not add any color to this mark shelf. The first Sum(0) is for Sales which has Color and text. The second SUM(0) is for Profit without color.

Best Regards

RP

• 4. Re: Color - measure values
                Michael Schartau

Hi RP

Thanks a lot for your help.

Last problem :-) - there are some ....,  in the middle of the rows - why is it there now?

Can I not remove it? (It was not there before)

• 5. Re: Color - measure values
                  Prasanna R

They are zero lines. So right click on those lines and click format and make those none.

Glad could help. If this solves your issues, please mark it as correct and close this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards

RP

• 6. Re: Color - measure values
                    Michael Schartau

Thank you so much for the help.

now it is perfect.