3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2019 4:29 AM by Prasanna R

Change measure, and dim colors in a text

Alan B

Hi there !

Is that possible to only change the color of a measure or a dimension in a text ? I mean with a condition.

E.g :

<DimensionSoda> has sold <sale> bottles of soda

Coca has sold 10 bottles of soda last year

Pepsi has sold 11 bottles of soda last year

Because when I put the dimension on the color my whole text is changed, like that.

Coca has sold 10 bottles of soda last year

Pepsi has sold 11 bottles of soda last year

Thanks in advance everyone

• 1. Re: Change measure, and dim colors in a text
          Prasanna R

Hi Alan,

It might not be possible to get this perfect. I can think of 2 ways.

1) Having multiple marks and splitting the text according to the colors that you want to fill.

Since we need Furniture and Sales value in color we place them in a separate mark and then the rest which need not be colored in a different mark. The issue is when you apply color / size to a mark it applied to all in the mark. This is one way you can split it.

2) Have different sheets for each text and place them on the dashboard by floating them so that it could look almost perfect. But please note that this is advisable only if you have a few items to show the text else it is very tedious.

You can use the 'Show Grid' option to make it perfect and also use Opacity to make the sheets transparent. These are available in 2018.3 and i have attached the sample workbook for your reference.

Best Regards

RP

*If this helps, then please mark it Helpful and Correct to close this thread

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Change measure, and dim colors in a text
            Alan B

A bit different of what I expected, but thank you !

• 3. Re: Change measure, and dim colors in a text
              Prasanna R

Yeah I know, guess this is how you can arrive at the result due to the color being applied on the complete mark and not to a specific text in a mark.

Best Regards

RP

*If this helps, then please mark it Helpful and Correct to close this thread