10 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2019 5:19 AM by Michael Nisbet

Dashboard Background Image with Transparent Graphs

Michael Nisbet

Hey,

I was hoping someone might be able to help me find an easier solution to making a dashboard have a background as a picture and than having transparent sheets on it.

The solution I have found: How to overlay transparent worksheets onto a dashboard background image in Tableau - YouTube . Though this is very unpractical if I look to update the dashboard at all or for formatting.

I feel like I should be able to use the transparent feature as shown here: Express your data artistry with transparent worksheets in Tableau | Tableau Software . The issue with this is that it does not show how to make your dashboard background image the rocks and sea or any other picture for that matter.

Currently, when I add an image the picture does not show transparent and I am getting issues like this Re: Background image in dashboard . Additionally, if I change the dashboard color then the transparent graph works. When I add a floating image it also does not work over that for transparent but rather goes to the color of the dashboard. I additionally try to change dashboard map but the background images option is grayed out and I cannot add anything like in a sheet.

So I think if I can give an image for the background for the dashboard then I believe the transparent solution would work.

Any help would be appreciated.