I currently work at Miami University in the career center and our office is looking for a new addition to the team. Most, if not all, of my work is conducted in Tableau. However, Tableau experience is not required. Please see the description below.
The Center for Career Exploration & Success in the Division of Enrollment Management & Student Success (EMSS) at Miami University seeks a data and assessment-minded person to join the Operations and Communications Team within the Center. This position has the unique opportunity to assist in the creation and execution of a data and assessment strategic plan. In close collaboration with Research and Analytics within EMSS, it determines data to monitor and interpret for the purpose of advancing data-driven strategy and decision-making for CCES and contributes to the data-driven culture of EMSS. In addition, the person who holds this position creates reports and assessment methods based on goals for the Career Center.
- Coordinate and manage data collection, storage and reporting practices in support of the goals and outcomes of the Center for Career Exploration and Success (CCES).
- Assess and measure the return on investment of strategic initiatives within CCES.
- Assist with the development of queries, actionable insights and plans for capitalizing on data in support of EMSS and CCES priorities and targeted populations.
- Monitor and visually report on impact of targeted interventions and fulfilling ad hoc data requests.
- Manage CCES survey data and create new surveys as needed. Develop reports from surveys to share actionable insights with CCES staff.
- Update and maintain data structure and associated reports for the New Alumni survey and knowledge bases.
- In collaboration with CCES staff, review data collection practices, goals and timing to create an accessible inventory and yearly calendar that can be modified as needed.
- Write and organize documentation of CCES data policies and procedures.
- Stay current with data analytic tools and developments and learn new software as needed.
- Assist in the coordination of office-wide special events, programs, workshops, and career fairs, and other events as needed. Represents the university at relevant events with external constituents, professional associations, and relevant career and workforce development initiatives.
- Successfully manages multiple projects with complex needs and various timelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
About Miami University
Miami University, a student-centered public university founded in 1809, has built its success through an unwavering commitment to liberal arts undergraduate education and the active engagement of its students in both curricular and co-curricular life. It is deeply committed to student success, builds great student and alumni loyalty, and empowers its students, faculty, and staff to become engaged citizens who use their knowledge and skills with integrity and compassion to improve the future of our global society. Nationally recognized as one of the most outstanding undergraduate institutions, Miami University is a public university located in Oxford, Ohio. With a student body of 16,000, Miami effectively combines a wide range of strong academic programs with faculty who love to teach and the personal attention ordinarily found only at much smaller institutions.