3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2019 3:49 AM by Zhouyi Zhang

Data Join Error

shontia Terry

I have an excel workbook with two sheets of data. I want to capture ALL State data from both sheets but after joining the sheets Tableau does not include all of data.

I tried Inner and Full joins but when performing data validation, the numbers never add up.

Please see the attached source data and pkg workbook and the updated excel workbook.

• 1. Re: Data Join Error
          Zhouyi Zhang

Hi, Shontia

when you full outer join your data, can you tell a bit more about what the issue is?

my understanding is, inner join only brings the matched data, but with a full outer join, it should bring all the data from both table, but you need create a calculation field to combine the state value from both.

So the total # of state in both table is 1818, Is it something you expected?

ZZ

• 2. Re: Data Join Error
            shontia Terry

Good morning,

Thank you for helping with this but after using the join calculation I am still missing data that is on the excel source sheet.

I want to filter on state and Appn, and show OBS, AFP, Obs/AFP with DIV and MDEP.

See the attached. Capture12019.PNG

• 3. Re: Data Join Error
              Zhouyi Zhang

Hi, Shontia

Can you provide more details or screenshots outlining which value is missing from each side?

And if you have done any update on your workbook, can you attached again?

ZZ