1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 21, 2019 1:37 PM by Shinichiro Murakami

Dashboard Window Calculation Field Not Returning Correct Results

Andrew Slutzky

Hello Tableau Community,

BUSINESS GOAL:

To show marketing's actual funnel metrics against marketing's goal metrics in a dashboard.

Please see the attached workbook with published extracts to Tableau Online.

PROBLEM:

The window calculations for the following metrics are returning incorrect results (i.e., Lead % to Goal Metric, MQL % to Goal Metric and Converted % to Goal Metric). They need to work when I filter "Enterprise", "Commercial", "SMB", "Online" and "All."

CALCULATED FIELDS

% Leads to Goal (Copy) Field

IF FIRST()=0 THEN WINDOW_SUM(SUM([Lead Count]))/WINDOW_SUM(SUM([Marketing Goals FINAL 1.11.2019].[Leads - Goal])) END

% MQLs to Goal (Copy) Field

IF FIRST()=0 THEN WINDOW_SUM(SUM([MQL Count]))/WINDOW_SUM(SUM([Marketing Goals FINAL 1.11.2019].[MQLs - Goal])) END

% Converted to Goal (Copy) Field

IF FIRST()=0 THEN WINDOW_SUM(SUM([Converted Count]))/WINDOW_SUM(SUM([Marketing Goals FINAL 1.11.2019].[Converted Leads - Goal])) END

QUESTIONS:

1. Why is this not computing correctly?

Sheet Name: Leads

Total Leads Count: 114,696

Total Goal Count: 95,343

Conversion Rate: 120%

Sheet Name: Leads % to Goal Metric

Conversion Rate: 82%

2. Can you tell me why this conversion rate is incorrect when I filter Sales Team = Enterprise on the Marketing Actuals vs Goals Dashboard?

Sheet Name: Leads

Total Leads Count: 9,167

Total Goal Count: 4,378

Conversion Rate: 209%

Sheet Name: Leads % to Goal Metric

Conversion Rate: 121%

3. Why do my data sources say "Live" when I've published them as "Extracts" to Tableau Online with scheduled refreshes and I still get the spinning wheel via Tableau Online?