1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 11, 2019 11:51 AM by Patrick A Van Der Hyde

Dashboard Window Calculation Field Not Returning Correct Results

Andrew Slutzky

Hello Tableau Community,

BUSINESS GOAL:

To show marketing's actual funnel metrics against marketing's goal metrics in a dashboard.

Please see the attached workbook with published extracts to Tableau Online.

PROBLEM:

The window calculations for the following metrics are returning incorrect results (i.e., Lead % to Goal Metric, MQL % to Goal Metric and Converted % to Goal Metric). They need to work when I filter "Enterprise", "Commercial", "SMB", "Online" and "All."

CALCULATED FIELDS

% Leads to Goal (Copy) Field

IF FIRST()=0 THEN WINDOW_SUM(SUM([Lead Count]))/WINDOW_SUM(SUM([Marketing Goals FINAL 1.11.2019].[Leads - Goal])) END

% MQLs to Goal (Copy) Field

IF FIRST()=0 THEN WINDOW_SUM(SUM([MQL Count]))/WINDOW_SUM(SUM([Marketing Goals FINAL 1.11.2019].[MQLs - Goal])) END

% Converted to Goal (Copy) Field

IF FIRST()=0 THEN WINDOW_SUM(SUM([Converted Count]))/WINDOW_SUM(SUM([Marketing Goals FINAL 1.11.2019].[Converted Leads - Goal])) END

QUESTIONS:

1. Why is this not computing correctly?

Sheet Name: Leads

Total Leads Count: 114,696

Total Goal Count: 95,343

Conversion Rate: 120%

Sheet Name: Leads % to Goal Metric

Conversion Rate: 82%

2. Can you tell me why this conversion rate is incorrect when I filter Sales Team = Enterprise on the Marketing Actuals vs Goals Dashboard?

Sheet Name: Leads

Total Leads Count: 9,167

Total Goal Count: 4,378

Conversion Rate: 209%

Sheet Name: Leads % to Goal Metric

Conversion Rate: 121%

3. Why do my data sources say "Live" when I've published them as "Extracts" to Tableau Online with scheduled refreshes and I still get the spinning wheel via Tableau Online?

• 1. Re: Dashboard Window Calculation Field Not Returning Correct Results
          Patrick A Van Der Hyde

Hello Andrew

Thank you for submitting the .twbx with this post however the data lives on Tableau online instead of in the twbx as an extract.  Can you right click on each data source and select 'save a local copy' and then replace each data source with the local one?  Also - please be sure that the data is not sensitive when sharing here.

The issue encountered is likely due to the definition of the table calculation and it may require using the editor to utilize specific dimensions (under Edit Table Calculation) to set it up properly. 

Thank you

Patrick