3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2019 11:04 AM by Jim Dehner

Prior Month Count Of Dimension

SOU SOU Phomsavanh

Howdy

I am trying to compare current month vs prev month for the number of occurrences for a dimension. I have the formula for current month working but the prior month calculation is coming Null. This involves 2 formula's, one date calculation: prior month and a prior month count: Prior Month Vol Count. Below is the formula for Prior Month Vol Count. On tab titled sheet 17 is where I would like to add the calculation. Would someone be so kind to lend a hand.

LOOKUP(WINDOW_SUM(SUM(IIF([Prior Month],[Volatility Count],null))),0)

prior month.jpg

Thanks

Sou Sou

Version

• 1. Re: Prior Month Count Of Dimension
          Jim Dehner

there is a logic conflict between your

last month filter ane the prior month calculation that filters out the data

this is set to true in the viz and will filter out all the data in teh formula below'

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

• 2. Re: Prior Month Count Of Dimension
            SOU SOU Phomsavanh

Ah I see now. Any suggestions on a better way to show exclusively the prior month?

When i add true/false it's miscalculating the number because for the month of November Volatility count should be 48004.

I believe this is due to counting between 30-60 days.

• 3. Re: Prior Month Count Of Dimension
              Jim Dehner

That is separate from the question you asked

this will do it

will return every thing from 60 days to 30 days in the past

Please mark my response correct

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.