2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2019 7:53 AM by Thomas Cook

Anyone enable the new UI in 2018.3? Reactions?

Thomas Cook

I often get users who are confused about how the current server UI does not act as folders do on a computer. I am tired of explaining how you have to select 'Project' to see any sub folders and then click back to 'Workbooks' to see the content.

New browsing experience with mixed content types | Tableau Software

The new UI seems to be way better but is a beta feature in a prod release? Anyone enable it. It has to be done for each site if you use those. I was thinking about just enabling it as part of our 2018.3 upgrade.

• 1. Re: Anyone enable the new UI in 2018.3? Reactions?
          Lewis Wong

Suggest you to register a trial for tableau online to feel it.

Lewis

• 2. Re: Anyone enable the new UI in 2018.3? Reactions?
            Thomas Cook

I had already tried it but was wondering if anyone had rolled it out to users and with what results.

I tested it in our development environment and my team liked it. When we upgraded our Prod environment I enabled it for one site and have got positive feedback from a handful of users. They like that it works more like folders on a computer. One change that took some time to notice is that the term "Explore" has slipped in and mention of "Project" is hidden more. The word "Project" for what is actually a folder has been always been unintuitive for users. I try to refer to them as "project folders" when talking to new users who tend to think of their workbook as a project.