Is it necessary to use viz-in-tooltip for this? Can you just write out the information in a regular tooltip?
1 of 1 people found this helpful
The best approach is to use a sheet to create your help button/icon and write all your help text inside the tooltip. For that you don't even need any image:
1- Create a calculated field and add "?" or "i" on it. Name it as Label
2- Move the Label field to Text card in an empty sheet
3- Change the Marks card to a Circle. You can then pick the color you want for the Circle. Also you can set the size of the Circle to be right at the center of the scale.
4- Back on Text card, click on it and center the text. You should have something like this by now:
5- Write your help text on the Tooltip. Make sure to de-select the "Include command buttons" check box before you finish editing.
6- Now your button is ready. You can either float it next to your logo or add it as a tile object.
Let me know if this works.
I have added how to read button on Dashboard, you can add infomration or definition as per your requirement on the sheet tooltip. on hover it will give you input information.
Please mark this answer correct or helpful if it solve your problem.
Tooltip on dashobard.twbx 350.6 KB
Thanks. You put me on the right track. Here are the steps I ended up with:
- Create Info icon and copy to My Tableau Repository
- In your Tableau workbook, create a new worksheet tab called "Info Icon"
- Create a calculated field called Index and rather than a formula, just put the number 1.
- Drag new "Index" field over to columns section.
- On the marks card, select "shape" (you may to use the Show Me button to select first box).
- Click on Shape icon and select more shapes and then select Custom and select the "i" icon
- Click on Tooltip and type your text with data and calculations definitions for users (format as appropriate)
- Go to desired dashboard and drag "Info Icon" near the title of the dashboard
- In the object box options, un-check title and select floating. Position as desired.