2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 31, 2018 3:48 PM by John Socolofsky

Numbers working in table but not in chart

John Socolofsky

Hi all,

I have attached a workbook showing some behavior I am hoping someone can help me correct. The table 'M Financials Table' shows correct data, however the chart 'M Financials Chart' shows incorrect data for everything under the heading 'Member Fees and Other Income/Cost' in the table. The parameter 'Member measure to show' is used to change what is shown in the bar chart. If you select something above the heading 'Member Fees and Other Income/Cost' the bar chart agrees with the number in the table. If you select something below the heading, the numbers are way off. The dashboard is the best way to see the numbers. The only difference I can identify between the numbers above and below the heading is the level of detail. For the numbers above the heading, I need an LOD that includes [Vendor ID], but that dimension does not apply to the numbers below the heading. It looks to me like Tableau is summing values in the datasource regardless of LOD for the numbers below the heading. It seems odd to me that the LOD expressions work in the table but not in the chart.

Hopefully I am just not fully comprehend LOD expressions and this is an easy thing to fix.

Thanks in advance for help. The attached workbook is in Tableau Desktop v 2018.3.

• 1. Re: Numbers working in table but not in chart
          Chris McClellan

John Socolofsky wrote:

The parameter 'Member measure to show' is used to change what is shown in the bar chart. If you select something above the heading 'Member Fees and Other Income/Cost' the bar chart agrees with the number in the table.

I can't see this value at all, did you attach the right version of the workbook ?

• 2. Re: Numbers working in table but not in chart
            John Socolofsky

I did attach the right workbook. Look on the Dashboard - the bar chart and table are together. The heading 'Member Fees and Other Income/Cost' appears in the table. Using the parameter 'Member measure to show' in the upper right of the Dashboard, select anything above the heading from the table. The numbers in the chart and table agree. Select anything below the heading from the table and the numbers between the chart and table do not agree. Let me know if it's still not clear...

1 of 1 people found this helpful