2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 24, 2018 8:04 AM by Dan Huff

Quickly comparing values in 2 stacked bar charts

Divya Chhabra

Hi,

I have two stacked bar charts, A and B. I would like to quickly make 4 graphs that compares the different ranges in the stacked bar chart. For example, one graph would be titled "Group A vs Group B, 9.5-11" and would compare 53% (Group A) to 39% (Group B) for the data in the first bar. Second graph would be titled "Group A vs Group B, <9.5" etc I apologize I can't include a packaged workbook my work is health-related.

• 1. Re: Quickly comparing values in 2 stacked bar charts
          Mavis Liu

Hi Divya,

Are the calculations worked out with table calculations?

I know you said you can't upload the workbook due to health data, but please could you create a sample dataset or redact the data and then upload the workbook?

We'll need to see how your calculations are currently being worked out.

Thanks.

Mavis

• 2. Re: Quickly comparing values in 2 stacked bar charts
            Dan Huff

Divya--

I am not entirely sure that I have understood this completely but I have attached an idea for a potential solution. Given that this is a percent of total calculation, we cannot rely well on filtering as that (in most cases) will impact the values displayed. What you can do, however, is duplicate the sheet, select the groups you do not want to display in your legend, right click the values, and choose Hide. This will remove the value from the visualization without affecting the percent of total calculation.

You could just duplicate the chart for each group and leave a different group displayed on each one. Does this help out?

Dan

P.S. I made the workbook in Tableau Desktop 10.5. Let me know if you need it made in an earlier version.