Location: Boston, MA or Greensboro, NC, US
Company: Lincoln Financial
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes. Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
Join Lincoln’s Life Solutions’ Business Intelligence team in leading innovation with business analytics, visualization/dashboarding, and data storytelling. As the Business Intelligence Analyst, you will work with business partners to gather requirements, build dashboards, and perform analysis to derive insights that will enhance business decisions. Additionally, this position will serve in a high-profile role guiding users’ growth in both self-service environments and purpose-driven dashboard design.
- Collaborate with the Life Solutions business partners and the broader analytics organization (Advanced Analytics, Business Intelligence, Data Governance) to create value-driven data insights aligned with the firm’s strategic priorities.
- Design, build, test, and maintain stable and scalable semantic layers, dashboards, reports, and complex metrics to meet business needs by transforming data into meaningful information.
- Identify and analyze complex developments, variances, and trends in financial and business operations then formulate and communicate recommendations to support business initiatives and management decisions.
- Educate and mentor both team members and business partners on Business Intelligence concepts and best practices.
- Maintain an understanding of how the data contained in various systems are utilized, and marry various aspects of the data into a usable format to support decision making.
- Ensure data integrity within dashboards and reports, and develop procedures for increasing the quality and accuracy of information from multiple data sources.
- Communicate (verbal and written) regularly with team members and business stakeholders to gather requirements and champion business analytics.
- Identify and recommend process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality for assigned areas of responsibility.
- 4 Year Bachelor's degree or 4+ years of equivalent work experience (Required)
- 3 - 5+ Years of data analytics and/or reporting experience that directly aligns with the responsibilities of this position. (Required)
- Advanced business analysis skills and demonstrated experience in the use of data and its transformation into information.
- Ability to evaluate trends in data by applying concepts such as probability, statistics, modeling, percentages, ratios, and proportions.
- Ability to work with and rationalize variable data from multiple systems, including both relational databases and data warehouses, and generate competitive intelligence and knowledge for decision making.
- Expert in Data Analytics software, preferably Tableau.
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. management, peers, and colleagues); proven ability to develop collaborative approaches.
- Confident, comfortable communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload in a time-sensitive environment and balance multiple projects while maintaining strict attention to detail.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Demonstrated ability to identify and recommend processes improvements.