4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2018 3:13 PM by Jennifer VonHagel

How to put % of Pane into Calculated Field

Larry Vo

I am trying to take total actual time and splitting it on the % of time that was allowed (scheduled).

For example:

Step 1 took 120 actual minutes to complete. It was scheduled for 30 minutes for Person1 and 70 minutes for Person2. I am looking to assign 30% of the actual time Person1 and 70% to Person2 (Person1 - 36 actual minutes, Person2 - 84 minutes).

I got the % to be correct using the % of Pane, but I am unable to use that % to multiply it with actual time.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: How to put % of Pane into Calculated Field
          Deepak Rai

Like this?

Thanks

Deepak

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How to put % of Pane into Calculated Field
            Jennifer VonHagel

Hi Larry, you can create an explicit Table calculation in which you can specify the Pane.

Create this calculation, then click "Default Table Calculation" so we can define the Window across which the denominator is summed (the pane).  In Compute Using, choose Advanced:

In the view as you have it set, State is not taken into consideration, so I'll leave it out here.  Set the calculation to Address Job and Person. Click Ok.

Back on the main screen, set the calculation to be "At the level" of Person and "Restarting every" Job.

Now if we put this calculation on the view - it computes correctly:

And we can use it to calculate Actual Time * Scheduled Time %:

Workbook is attached.

Best,

Jennifer

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: How to put % of Pane into Calculated Field
              Larry Vo

Jennifer,

This is perfect!

So I wanted to add up those newly calculated duration times and sum it up by person, would that be possible?

• 4. Re: How to put % of Pane into Calculated Field
                Jennifer VonHagel

Hmm, I think to do that you would need to use Level of Detail (LOD) calculations rather than Table Calculations.

Check these out. Calcs with FX in the title are the new calcs and use FIXED (LOD). The old Calcs have TC in the title for Table Calculation.

All you need here is the final calculation: 3. FX ActTime * Sch %.  The first two calculations are there just to show the inner results of the 3rd calc. But the first two calcs don't work well on their own - they need both Job and Person to be present in the table.  The 3rd calc is ok without Job in the Table. You can remove Job from the table to get the total minutes by person.  Depending on other fields in your data and the complexity of the view in which you use this calculation, the fixed calcs may need to be adjusted.

Workbook is attached.