2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2018 9:22 AM by dan.coop

Comparing Historical Pricing to New quotes from multiple vendors

dan.coop

Hello

I have created a Tableau which has a datasheet of historical line item pricing from multiple vendors over time.

I have succeeded in this portion and found it quite easy to show the data correctly.

However the next step i want to do is to be able to compare a quote from one vendor sourced from separate excel spreadsheet to the existing historical data from multiple vendors.

I have joined the worksheets via the "Mfg Part#" field using a "left" join

Now for each line item in the quote i just want to show the historical pricing from each vendor next the quote price.

I'm quite new to Tableau so any advice much appreciated, as i've struggled with this for hours!

• 1. Re: Comparing Historical Pricing to New quotes from multiple vendors
          Jim Dehner

not certain what you want

see the attached

there are 3 different examples

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

• 2. Re: Comparing Historical Pricing to New quotes from multiple vendors
            dan.coop

Hi Jim

Sorry that wasn't what i was looking for unfortunately

The use case would be

A vendor would send us back a quote using the spreadsheet "quote"

The "Quote" spreadsheet will be added as a datasource and would then be compared to the line items in the "Historical" datasource

The final worksheet will ONLY show line items from the quote compared to the historical date / pricing per vendor:  together with the new quote price.

So to lay it out crudely

COLUMNS :        VENDOR_ID1               VENDOR-_ID2                    VENDOR-ID3                        QUOTE VENDOR-ID

DATE1 DATE2              DATE1 DATE2                    DATE1 DATE2                                   DATE

ROWS:  PART NUMBER     Price1 Price2              Price1 Price2                      Price1 Price2                             QUOTE_PRICE

PART NUMBER     Price1 Price2              Price1 Price2                      Price1 Price2                             QUOTE_PRICE

PART NUMBER     Price1 Price2              Price1 Price2                      Price1 Price2                             QUOTE_PRICE

Many thanks for the quick reply