Find my approach as reference below and stored in attached workbook version 10. located in the original thread.
1. Define paramter P1 Select Period
2. Define P2 Select MTD/YTD/QTD/FY
3. M1. FY:
if DATEDIFF('month',[Period],[P1 Select Period])<=11
and DATEDIFF('month',[Period],[P1 Select Period])>=0 then [Actual] END
4. M2. MTD: if DATEDIFF('month',[Period],[P1 Select Period])=0 then [Actual] END
5. M3. QTD: if DATEDIFF('quarter',[Period],[P1 Select Period])=0 then [Actual] END
6. M4. YTD:
if DATEDIFF('year',[Period],[P1 Select Period])=0
and [Period]<=[P1 Select Period]then [Actual] END
7. Drag the required objects to the canvas and show parameter controls.
Hope it helps,
YTD etc nalmai version 10.5.twbx 132.9 KB
Thanks you very much, This is what i am looking for, it really helped me a lot,
One quick question: I would like to get FY data without considering period selection based on the data available in the source.
for example: i have data 5k for full year, where as YTD i have only 4.5k. i am getting YTD as 4.5 but trying to get FY as 5K which should not consider my period/Period selection.
Glad it worked out for you....& thanks for the "Badge". Appreciated. I am not sure if I understand your "One quick question". Could you elaborate once again.