2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2018 3:18 AM by Sukhdeep Kaur

"Other" Event with "Performance" Event name is increasing the load time of the dashboard.

Sukhdeep Kaur

Loading time of my Dashboard is around 20 sec on server. During Performance Recording, I checked that the custom Queries for running and connecting are taking minimal time as seen in the snapshot. However, performance is impacted by  "Other" event with "Performance" Event name(can be seen in attached snapshot). Could anyone help me to understand what is this event and how to reduce the time for "other" Event..

There are no LODs used, all calculations are done in database.

Thanks..!!

• 1. Re: "Other" Event with "Performance" Event name is increasing the load time of the dashboard.
          Ritesh Bisht

HI Sukhdeep,

Someone has experienced the same frustration with the meaning of event name and logged an idea that you may want to vote up

https://community.tableau.com/ideas/7162

From my experience, if you double-click on event-name, it will be added into the viz and adds more context on what "Other" is doing.

You can get more detail out of performance recordings by following the steps:

1) Open the recording in Tableau Desktop and add a new worksheet

2) In the Dimensions or Measures pane on the left, right-click and select Show Hidden Fields.

3) You will now see a lot of new data that may provide more insights. You need to manually Unhidden any fields you want to use.

For collecting performance recordings on Tableau Server I would also advise appending the below string to the view URL:

?:disabled_shared_sessions=true&:refresh=yes&:record_performance=yes

for example:

http://<server domain>/#/views/<workbook>/<view>?:disabled_shared_sessions=true&:refresh=yes&:record_performance=yes

This will disable cache from shared sessions and refresh the data in the view, so you will have a more accurate performance recording that is not dependent on cached queries and results.

I hope this information helps.

Original Thread -->Tableau Server performance recording Other event

Please mark the answer if helpful

Ritesh

• 2. Re: "Other" Event with "Performance" Event name is increasing the load time of the dashboard.
            Sukhdeep Kaur

Hi Ritesh,

Thanks for the your help.

I have read that post and already voted for the idea.

Issue is that connection and query execution is taking less than 3 sec and only this event is increasing the load time to 17-18 sec and i am unable to find any related document regarding this issue.

Thanks,

Sukhdeep