2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2018 1:53 AM by Kunal Arun Sonawane

Dependent filters across multiple data sources

Kunal Arun Sonawane

Hi,

I need some help with filters. Currently, I have the filter for item code which is applied to all worksheets across multiple data sources. So when i change the filter on sheet 1, then all other sheets change according to this filter.

Now i need to create a new filter with item full name (Item code + Item description). I want the user to use only Item full name filter which will help filter all the other sheets as well. I cannot use Item full name filter in other worksheets because this dimension is available in only in the first data source.

Would appreciate your help here. Thanks.

• 1. Re: Dependent filters across multiple data sources
          Norbert Maijoor

Hi Kunal,

It depends on the relation between Item-code & Item description (1:1, 1:n). Could you share your workbook in .tbwx format?

Regards,

Norbert

• 2. Re: Dependent filters across multiple data sources
            Kunal Arun Sonawane

Hi Norbert,

Hi Norbert, I have created a sample worksheet to explain the issue. In the attached, there are 2 data sources each with a dimension of item code. I have used this "item code" filter and applied to all related worksheets and this works fine. Now, only 1 data source has "Item code + Description" dimension. I want to use this dimension to filter all worksheets. This way the user can search the product using the description which is an easier way than searching by item code.

I have created a sample worksheet to explain the issue.

In the attached, there are 2 data sources each with a dimension of item code. I have used this "item code" filter and applied to all related worksheets and this works fine.

Now, only 1 data source has "Item code + Description" dimension. I want to use this dimension to filter all worksheets. This way the user can search the product using the description which is an easier way than searching by item code.