3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2018 1:26 PM by Jim Dehner

Tableau picking a particular days data

Kalyan Raman

I have 30 tables of trade data of 1 month...each belonging to a days trade, similarly 30 tables of orders data....I have to join each days trade and orders and show it in my dashboard.....how can tablea pick up data of a particular day say 15th if asked to

• 1. Re: Tableau picking a particular days data
          Jim Dehner

Hi

would like to see the twbx workbook but the first thought would be to Union (append) the Trades and then do the same for each days Trades - there will be a dimension in each Table - it is the Table name from the files you appended together (use the date )  then join the 2 unioned files on the table name (date) and create the viz - place a filter on the table names (date)

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Tableau picking a particular days data
            Kalyan Raman

Thanks for your response. Now my question is, each table pertains to a single day, so we have 30 trade tables for 30 days and similarly 30 order tables (each pertanining to a single day...60 tables for 30 days). All the files are of the same format....I would union 2 tables of 1st day of the month....

1. how should I proceed if I want the union to be done automatically rather than manually for all the 30 days 

2. how to pull the union of 30 days data into dashboard

• 3. Re: Tableau picking a particular days data
              Jim Dehner

see the link Union Your Data - Tableau

and follow the instructions for "Wildcard Union"

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

1 of 1 people found this helpful