3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2018 5:41 AM by kusa Adigarla

Need to Show Selected month data and Next month data of selected Month in same dashboard with single date filter

kusa Adigarla

Hi,

I Need to Show Selected month data and Next month data of selected Month in same dashboard with single date filter.

Suppose, I have data like below,

revision                                                         case                                             year                      period                       marginal Value

Revision1                                           Apr 2017 r2 base                                    2017                    Apr 2017                        30

Revision1                                           Apr 2017 r2 base                                    2017                    May 2017                       25

Revision1                                           Apr 2017 r2 base                                    2017                    Jun 2017                        15

Revision1                                           Apr 2017 r2 base                                    2017                    July 2017                        10

Revision1                                           May 2018 r2 base                                   2018                    May 2018                        20

Revision1                                           May 2018 r2 base                                   2018                    Jun 2018                         15

Revision1                                           May 2018 r2 base                                   2018                    July 2018                         20

Revision1                                           May 2018 r2 base                                   2018                    Aug 2018                         30

Here,

If you see in above table, each case is having 4 periods

Here Period is the filter and if i select the Apr 2017, It has to show Apr 2017 data in one view in the dashboard and May 2017 data in other view in dashboard.

Like that it has to show for all other period selections, when I select the last period from same case in the filter 1st view has to show selected period(July 2017) data and The second view has to show 'Blank' because it is the last period in that case.

I tried with using dateadd function and parameter, it is only changing header of the second view, Not fetching the next month data by selection.

Please help me as soon as possible.

• 1. Re: Need to Show Selected month data and Next month data of selected Month in same dashboard with single date filter
          Norbert Maijoor

Hi Kusa,

Not sure but find my approach as reference below and stored in attached workbook version 2018.2 located in the original thread.

kuta.png

1. Define parameter based on period

parameter.png

2. Define D1. Display 1: datediff('month',[Period Parameter],[Period])=0

3. Define D2. Display 2: datediff('month',[Period Parameter],[Period])=1

4. Define Sheet 1

Display1.png

5. Define sheet 2

Display2.png

6. Define dashboard and show parameter control

dash.png

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Norbert

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Need to Show Selected month data and Next month data of selected Month in same dashboard with single date filter
            Ivan Ivanov

If you can show both on the same sheet (it doesn't have to be a dashboard) I suggest using a parameter with the selected period (or 2 parameters - one for the year and one for the month). Create a calculated field "Show" and check on each row whether the period matches the Parameter(s) OR the period - 1 month matches the parameter(s) and give them a value of "Yes", otherwise give them "No" and filter for "Yes" only (a hidden filter). In this case, for selected April 2017 in the parameter(s) you will only be showing April 2017 and May 2017.

For 2 separate sheets create the same parameter(s) and 2 calculated fields, let's say "Show period" and "Show next period". Use "Show period" for the first dashboard and show all entries matching the selected periods from the parameter(s) in Dashboard 1. Use "Show next period" and filter only entries from the month after the selected in the parameter(s) in Dashboard 2.

Does that make sense?

This is an example from my own project:

IF [Year (parameter)] = YEAR([Date]) OR [Year (parameter)]-1 = YEAR([Date])

THEN 1 ELSE 0

END

If you select 2017 in the parameter all entries with year 2016 and 2017 are assigned a value of "1" and all others "0", therefore filtering "Show" to "1" only shows 2016 and 2017 on the sheet.

• 3. Re: Need to Show Selected month data and Next month data of selected Month in same dashboard with single date filter
              kusa Adigarla

Hi Norbert,

Thanks for quick reply.

Here the problem is parameter will show the all periods in selection. we need to show the periods according to the case.

suppose  case Apr 2017 r2 base has 4 periods form apr 2018 to July 2018. I need to show only those periods in selction like relative quick filter.

Thanks again.