2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2018 5:09 AM by Din Day

Tableau Get Started Tutorial

Din Day

Hi,

I'm  very new to both data visualizations and tableau and therefore  I'm not sure whether the questions I have are too simple to ask in this forum.

However,as I do not feel to proceed keeping doubts,I'm giving it a go.

Please excuse me if this type of questions aren't asked in this forum.

I'm following this tutorial.   Step 2: Drag and drop to take a first look - Tableau

In its 'Learn more: Change your perspective section' ,author says "From this view, you can see that sales for furniture is growing faster than sales for office supplies, even though Office Supplies had a really good year in 2017."

My question 1: How can we can see that "sales for furniture is growing faster than sales for office supplies, even though Office Supplies had a really good year in 2017."

with the given graph as it doesn't explicitly display growth rate?

My question 2: Is the statement "sales for furniture is growing faster than sales for office supplies, even though Office Supplies had a really good year in 2017." is correct as per the given data.

I added 'year over year growth' to the graph as shown below. as per the graph Office Supplies is growing faster than furniture both in 2016 and 2017.

Superstore.jpg

I feel I am missing something here. A clarification is really appreciated.

Thanks.