2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2018 9:07 AM by Laurie Bamber

Display specific dimensions in tooltip for specific columns

Laurie Bamber

I have a table comprised of 10 columns, and each of these columns has a corresponding dimension which is not shown in the table. How can I make it so that each column's tooltip displays its corresponding dimension value?

• 1. Re: Display specific dimensions in tooltip for specific columns
          Daniel Stanish

Good day Laurie.

Can you post a sample of the data please?

Without seeing the data it may be difficult to say. It sort of sounds like you have a list of values or descriptions that corresponds to values in each of the visible columns. Is this correct? If so, I'd create a calculated field that maps the column to the value, then add the new calc as a tooltip item, so you can display it in the tooltip.

Best regards,

-Dan

• 2. Re: Display specific dimensions in tooltip for specific columns
            Laurie Bamber

Hi Dan,

please find a full example below:

ID          abc_value      abc2_value      def_value      def2_value        abc            def      

1                 18                    23                    6                    7                      gidjk          rfwewe

2                 17                    19                    4                    8                      regr           wefwefw

n

When the mouse hovers on the abc_value and abc2_value columns, I want the tooltip to display the corresponding text in the abc column. Repeat for the columns tagged def.

Hope that clarifies what I'm looking for,

Laurie