3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2018 5:16 PM by Keshia Rose

Button Filter Extension

Vik Huang

Hi all,

Button Filter Extension (powered by Biztory) is an amazing tool.

However, when I use the extension filter in dashboard, I cannot choose the "apply to all using related data sources".

Some worksheets are driven by same filter on dashboard and they cannot work now.

Are there any alternative solutions? I love the Bootstrap button.

Thanks,

Vik

• 1. Re: Button Filter Extension
          Keshia Rose

Hi Vik,

You can definitely do this with this extension! The buttons in the extension are just a nice representation of the filter, but the regular Tableau filter is still there. If you go to the worksheet that has the filter, you can right-click on the filter and apply it to all using the data source. This way when you update the filter from the extension it will apply everywhere.

Take care,

Keshia

• 2. Re: Button Filter Extension
            Vik Huang

Hi Keshia,

Thanks for your kind assistance!

I figure out the problem is not on "apply to all" options but on extension connection.

In the case below, the extension button filter (e.g. gender filter) can't connect the original filter, but it works on the similar one (age filters).

I'm not sure where the problem is.

Regards,

Vik

• 3. Re: Button Filter Extension
              Keshia Rose

Oh I see, that does seem like a bug. I would reach out to the Biztory team and send them your video. They would be better able to help you!

Take care,

Keshia