See my attached Excel file to better understand my first question.
- I have 2 different datasources: "Country" and "Sales".
- Commun fields are Country and Period.
- In Tableau, I will need to create a parameter with 3 sorts of calculation:
- MTD Data <------ (sum of sales / for each month)
- Last 12 months data <------ (sum of sales for the last 12 months / for each month)
- Since January of this year data <------ (sum of sales since January of current year / for each month)
- I would like to be able to create this 3 calculated field as mentionned here above but i have no clue how to do this.
You can see the results expected in my Excel sheet called OUTPUT (column F, column I, column L).
- So in Tableau, if I filter on [Period] = [Oct 2018] and [Country] = [Belgium]
- I would like to see/get:
MTD data = 4
Last 12 months data = 42
Since Jan of this year = 29
- I don't know if i have to use
- one data source connection (join between these 2 tables) and how ?
- 2 data sources connections (one for each table) and blend data between each other, and how ?
- or maybe another way that i haven't thought of yet.
When this will be solved (thanks to your help), i might have another question that will go a bit beyond this initial query.
I will need to add in these new 3 fields some conditions on "Country_Category" and "Country_Manager" dimensions..
But i will detail this later on..
I have attached a Tableau Workbook (twbx)
My post hast been more detailed in below post:
Thank you for your assistance.