1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 27, 2018 6:17 PM by Rodrigo Calloni

How can i create a responsive cross device & browser dashboard?

Pitchstar Chernenko

Hello,

I am using Tableau Desktop 2018.3

I would like to know how to create a responsive cross device & browser dashboard.

Currently i only add Device Layout for each dashboard and change the font into smaller size (i.e 7).

The dashboard shows awesome in mobile tableau but not in our 4K TV.

How can i create a responsive cross device & browser so i don't have to design my dashboard for each Device (Default, Mobile, Tablet)?

Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: How can i create a responsive cross device & browser dashboard?
          Rodrigo Calloni

Hello Pitchstar

I am afraid that the only available way is by using the Device Designer and pick a "Desktop" device. Then you are free to organize your dashboard objects in the new layout (the 1920x1080 is the exact dimensions for big screens and TVs).

You may need also to duplicate some of your worksheets/charts because on a big TV you will need larger fonts (I would never go bellow 24pt) so you can reach people that are not close to the screen.

We all hope that Tableau can come with better ways to respond to responsive design but at the current version this is the way to go. It will take a bit of work but once is done you will feel great.

I hope this helps

Rodrigo