9 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2019 7:12 AM by Vesko Filipov

Some help with one visual

Vesko Filipov

Hello everyone,

I'm working on tableau almost an year and this is my first discussion here. For now i managed to made my tasks with lot of reading and testing but this time i need from some advises.

The idea of what i want sounds very easy The example workbook( version 2018.3.0) is also attached. In summary we have :

- brands ( column "brand")

- sub brands ( column "productName")

- rating ( column "Combined Rating")

I need to create a bar chart visual based on brands with Table calculation Percent of total and compute using Rating ranges( this is a pill on color marks). Rating ranges is an average( rating) for every sub brands.

Picture example :

PicExample.png

The problem is the data source structure because every raw is multiplied based on comments :

- respondent ID ( column "TextID")

- comment ( column "Text")

- part of the comment ( column "Text Part")

I realized that its not possible just to use AVG([Combined Rating]) because i need the avg rating per unique TextID and also productName ...

Picture example data source:

Pic2Example.jpg

If i use this calculation the percent of total is 170%

"IF {fixed [TextID],[productName]: AVG([Combined Rating])}>=4.4 THEN "% Over 4.4"

elseif {fixed [TextID],[productName]: AVG([Combined Rating])}<4.4 and {fixed [TextID],[productName]: AVG([Combined Rating])}>=3.4 THEN "% 3.4 - 4.4"

else "% under 3.3"

END"

And if its only on product level the percent of total is ok 100% but this is not the correct values

IF {fixed [productName]: AVG([Combined Rating])}>=4.4 THEN "% Over 4.4"

elseif {fixed [productName]: AVG([Combined Rating])}<4.4 and {fixed [productName]: AVG([Combined Rating])}>=3.4 THEN "% 3.4 - 4.4"

else "% under 3.3"

END

This is my 3rd day with this problem and I will be happy for any suggestions and ideas.

Best Regards,

Vesko