2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2018 2:21 PM by Joe Oppelt

Filter showing highlight only & how to assign unique URLs to different cells

joy yang

Hi everyone, I'm sure there are ways to get this done but I wasn't sure how to do it. In order not to make the whole page too blank, I want the filter only showing the highlight but "not" only the related values selected (see 2nd picture)

as you can see, once, i click a specific state, the corresponding bar chart shows only the related info, but left a huge blank, are there ways to just show the "highlight" but selected values?

2nd question, - I'm trying to create this action with URL attached to it. However, is there way to attached different link to different cell instead of it is the same link?

Thank you

• 1. Re: Filter showing highlight only & how to assign unique URLs to different cells
          Joe Oppelt

as you can see, once, i click a specific state, the corresponding bar chart shows only the related info, but left a huge blank, are there ways to just show the "highlight" but selected values?

Have you tried a highlight action?  Just like the selected state in the map gets highlighted, the highlight action will light up the bar of the selected state and leave the rest of the sheet intact but greyed out.  See attached (10.5 superstore example.)

• 2. Re: Filter showing highlight only & how to assign unique URLs to different cells
            Joe Oppelt

2nd question, - I'm trying to create this action with URL attached to it. However, is there way to attached different link to different cell instead of it is the same link?

You can use a field from the sheet as the URL string, rather than hard-coding the string on the hyperlink action.

So if there is a way to make a calc that builds the URL string specific to the individual mark, then you can put that calc on the detail shelf, and have the hyperlink action use the calc field.

Look at the attached.  There are two hyperlink actions on the dashboard.  Action #2 tacks on the [Department] field to a hard-coded URL.  (URL is google, and the final URL tells google to look for the [department] clicked.)  Action #1 just pulls in a calc (Calculation1) that does the same thing, but all within a calc field.

If you can hack up a calc field that will do your URL with something specific to the mark the user clicks, that's how you want to do it.