2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 14, 2018 1:07 PM by Parth Upadhyay

Error in Tabjolt Installation - Integration with TSM(Tableau Services Manager)

Parth Upadhyay

Currently I am trying to explore Tabjolt for Tableau: 2018.3 version. And I am facing a road block while installing Tabjolt.

As suggested in the guide, I am installing tabjolt on a new EC2 windows machine(m4.xlarge) separate from actual Tableau Server.

I am using installation guide from below:

I think the issue lies Tabjolt integration with TSM in the latest version of tabjolt - TabJolt 2018.2.0 Installer

When I am entering “OS Login Credentials” correctly I am still getting below error.

"Unable to log into Tableau Services Manager. Please double check that the username and password are correct"

Also I am able to successfully connect with Tableau Server when i am entering Tableau Server Admin credentials in Step 1.

I am able to get the proper list of Views as well in Step 2.

It is only the last step “OS Login Credentials”  i am facing problem.

Latest Update -

I was able to successfully run the Tabjolt results for the Tableau Server box.

So this is really strange that the last step of installation (Tabjolt integration with TSM) did not complete still Tabjolt is working as expected.

• 1. Re: Error in Tabjolt Installation - Integration with TSM(Tableau Services Manager)
          Carmel Ebeza

Hi Parth,

I also faced the same issue when attempting to install this latest version of Tabjolt.  I don't see the resolution outlined above in your latest update, so for those that still face the same problem, here's what worked for me:

-Within the Tabjolt configuration window, simply click on the 'Back' option until you get through all the previous tabs.  Meaning, do not utilize the Tabjolt config UI to complete the installation.  This should result in a new pop up window with a successful installation message.

-In File explorer, open <path to Tabjolt>\config and manually change the dataretriever.config file.

-Manually change the ServerTestConfig.yaml.  Pay special attention to the value inputted in 'adminUsername'.  It *might* be formatted incorrectly, prepopulated from the values entered in the 'OS Login Credentials' tab.  In my case, I removed the domain name and just left the admin username.

-Manually change the userpool.csv.   Pay special attention when entering a value for 'Role'.  The directions in the top of the file incorrectly include the role value ViewerOrInteractor, but with server version 2018+, there is the new Explorer role.  Use that if it applies to you.

Hope that helps clarify!

• 2. Re: Error in Tabjolt Installation - Integration with TSM(Tableau Services Manager)
            Parth Upadhyay

Hi Carmel,

Thank you for your reply.

So the approach suggested by you doesn't provide the solution(while installing tabjolt) yet but just a workaround.

We need to click on the 'Back' option until there is new pop up window with a successful installation message

Could you please suggest exact name of the "Role" you mentioned related to "Explorer".

So what i understood is as below.

1. Change ServerTestConfig.yaml and keep only "admin username"(and remove DOMAIN name)

2. Change userpool.csv and add the admin username,admin password and Role