5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2018 6:40 AM by Paul Wachtler

Sorting Combined field in filters

Gyanendra  Yadav

Hi,

I have combined two fields "contact no" and "credit union names" and used this as a filter keeping "contact no" in front (for e.g. 1241556, ABCXYZ)

Is there any option so that we can sort this according to "credit union names".

Note: Contract no should be in front. and in filter the combined field should be sorted according to "credit union names" .

Hi,  Richard Leeke sorry to bother you again you have helped me earlier if you can help me with this.

• 1. Re: Sorting Combined field in filters
          Naveen B

Hi Gyanendra,

In order the sort in filter you need to go to default properties of Combined Field and select the sort Key

Click on Combined Field --> default Properties --> Sort --> Sort Order --> Ascending or Descending --> Field "Select the field you want"--> Aggregation "Select the aggregation which suffice" --> Click ok

you will get the required O/P hope this helps plz mark this answer as correct or helpful to close the thread

BR,

NB

• 2. Re: Sorting Combined field in filters
            Gyanendra  Yadav

Hi Naveen,

i am not getting option by which i can select sort by "credit union name"

i am getting below option and it is applicable on "contract no" only.

• 3. Re: Sorting Combined field in filters
              Paul Wachtler

Hi Gyanendra,

There's a trick you can use to get this to sort the way you want it.

Drag your original CU Name field {the one without the contract number text in front of it} to the left of your calculated field on either your column or row shelf - wherever you have it placed now. Sort this field how you'd like it to be sorted. Then right click on the CU Name field and uncheck "Show Header". This will hide that field but the sort will remain in place.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

Paul

• 4. Re: Sorting Combined field in filters
                Gyanendra  Yadav

Hi Paul,

I need to sort the combined field in the filter by "cu name" so that in the drop down, filter should be sorted according to cu name.

I am not trying to sort in the visual and the filter is applied on all the sheets on the dashboard.

Thanks!!

• 5. Re: Sorting Combined field in filters
                  Paul Wachtler

Hi Gyanendra,

Since you want the values to be sorted by the Credit Union Name, it may make more sense to rearrange the calculated field so that it's

[Credit Union Name] + ", " + [Contract Name] instead of the other way around.  That'll give you exactly the sort you want.

If you need to keep it in the order you have it though, unfortunately the only way to sort it by Credit Union is to do it manually.

Best,

Paul