4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2018 12:04 PM by Paul Wachtler

Display each column by month in Crosstab.

Jason Kim

I have a list of dates(02/01/2017, 03/01/2017, ect), I am trying to display in columns in a crosstab view, the problem is :

I would like to display each date by month in one column and the next month on the next column, ect.

Header 1Header 2Header 3
      02/01/201703/01/201704/01/2017
      02/01/2017
      03/01/2017
      04/01/2017
      02/01/2017
      03/01/2017
      04/01/2017

Can someone help please.

jk

• 1. Re: Display each column by month in Crosstab.
          Michael Ye

Jason,

Do you mean this?

Make calculated fields with DATAADD function.

Hope it helps.

Michael Ye

• 2. Re: Display each column by month in Crosstab.
            Paul Wachtler

Hi Jason,

Is this what you're looking for?  If so, you just need to uncheck "Aggregate Measures" under the Analysis menu at the top.  Note that you don't need to filter anything, I just filtered on these three months to fit it in a screenshot.

Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 1.54.24 PM.png

Best,

Paul

• 3. Re: Display each column by month in Crosstab.
              Jason Kim

Paul.

Thank you for your reply. I knew I should of included more details in my original post, Sorry about that.

The goal is to display each month in one column along with calculated measures, than the flowing  month with the same calculated measures.(does that make sense?)

Bellow is the example of  what I am trying to accomplish in crosstab view:

• 4. Re: Display each column by month in Crosstab.
                Paul Wachtler

Are you sure you want it displayed like that?  I feel like it would be hard to know which month's measures you're looking at if everything is grouped together like that.

I think it would be easier to navigate if you either:

1) Put Months on the column shelf so that each month is across the top, and then underneath that you can put your measure names on columns and measure values on your marks card to show Measure 1, 2, 3, and 4 per month;

or

2) Put your months on the row shelf (so that they'd all be in one column) and have measure names on columns and measure values on your marks.

Either of those would make it much easier to read.

If you really want it laid out the way you have it above, the only way I can think of doing that would be to create separate workbooks for each month, and then float them next to each other on a dashboard to give you that view.

Best,

Paul