Re order rank with dashboard actions

Alex Neville

Hi Guys,

I'm working with a dataset that contains the following columns:

Country

Online/Offline

Product

Total purchases

I want to see the top purchased product as a highlight in my viz. The top purchased product sheet will be added to a dashboard and will be filtered by clicking on a separate bar chart, which that shows the total amount of products purchased, split by country and online/offline.

I've tried a couple of things (Index) which doesn't seem to work as it adds a rank without any clear logic. How can I achieve the above?

Cheers,

Alex

• 1. Re: Re order rank with dashboard actions
          Teju pamarty

Hi Alex,

So you have a bar chart by country and online/ offline and when you click on the country bar you need to see the top purchased product for that country ?

If that's the case, you can use fixed to calculate top purchased product for that country, bring that field and your country on to your sheet. Now, you will have top purchased product for each company in your sheet . Now you can add a dashboard action which filters just the country you selected from the bar chart.

• 2. Re: Re order rank with dashboard actions
            Alex Neville

Hi Teju,

Exactly. So on the columns shelf for the bar chart I've got

1) Country

2) Online/Offline

With a sum(profit) on the rows shelf.

This creates two bars per country. The need is to filter by either country OR country-online/offline. I think if I were to used a fixed LOD calc here it would only show me the top product for that country, not allowing me to further break that down by clicking on the countries' source.. Does that make sense?

Alex