3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2018 8:51 PM by Justin Pulley

PERCENTILE function gone?

Justin Pulley

In a previous version of Tableau desktop (2018.1.4 I think) I created a workbook using PERCENTILE as follows

PERCENTILE({FIXED [Short Id] : [Total Duration] },.9)

in 2018.3 This is erroring as an unknown function.  What can I do to replicate this as it is used in another calculation.

IF [TP90] <= [UPG Goal]

THEN "Met"

ELSE "Exceeded"

END

• 1. Re: PERCENTILE function gone?
          Don Wise

Hi Justin,

Not sure what you're connecting to in terms of data source, but my experience has been, if you're connecting to certain types of DB's the PERCENTILE function is not available unless you perform an Extract first.  Then it will be available to you.  Hope that helps?  Thx, Don

• 2. Re: PERCENTILE function gone?
            Jim Dehner

Don is correct - Percentile and some other functions need to look at data at the record level - if the data is live and coming from some d/bs those functions will not be available

so -if you can try extracting the data - the record level calculations will then be available

JIm

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

• 3. Re: PERCENTILE function gone?
              Justin Pulley

Don,

Yep forgot when I replaced the data source to mark the new one as an extract.  Thanks.