1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 6, 2018 1:00 PM by Don Wise

filtering based on another dimension

Regan Sandlin

New tableau user here.

I am attaching my workbook. I have an existing filter for "Call Type" and I would like to filter out calls > 10 seconds for Inbound calls and >30 seconds for Outbound calls.

I have searched in tableau and tried a few different approaches and I can't fully get my head wrapped around it.

Any help is much appreciated. Riding that learning curve is rough sometimes!

• 1. Re: filtering based on another dimension
          Don Wise

Hi Regan,

I reattached a revised workbook and below are the screenshots. I also changed your Call Type to not be 'Exclude', but to be a simple filter.  Just select Inbound to see results for that portion of the calc or Outbound for that portion of the calc. If this answers your question/issue, please mark this response as correct. Thx! Don

This calculation is brought into Filters Card and set to False because anything True would be over the number of seconds desired.

Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 12.52.46 PM.png

Selected on Inbound and the underlying data shows only those call seconds under 10:

Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 12.57.53 PM.png

Selected on Outbound and the underlying data shows only those call seconds under 30:

Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 12.52.14 PM.png