1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 5, 2018 8:47 PM by Suraj Rao

Map view : change granularity of data displayed automatically with zoom

Raphaël FETIQUE

Hello,

I am currently working on Tableau Desktop and I was wondering if I could do a map with different layers, that would be activated when zooming in.

I have now 3 different maps with three scales (departments, zip codes, cities) and different information on each one (depending on the scale).

Scale 1                                                                                      Scale 2 (zoom in compared to scale 1)    

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG    

Scale 3 (zoom in compared to scale 2)

Capture3.PNG

I put each one of them on a different dashboards and I can switch from one to another thanks to navigation button (build with calculated fields). But this option is not as clean and intuitive as I wanted.

Is it possible to have only one map with different layers/scales and, when zooming in, some information are appearing and other are disappearing. Every information would be on the same map.

Here is an example of a map which is working that way implemented on a french site:

https://journeesdupatrimoine.culture.gouv.fr/Programme#/search@45.44595610736394,0.18849942907615969,2.730299467426468

On this site, only basic information per location is displayed, on which we would like to add pie chart / other data visulations per location.

I thank you for your help.

Yours sincerely