1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 5, 2018 12:29 AM by Cédric Tran

Combining results from two either/or questions

Alexander Farr

Hello everybody,

I have extracted the results from a survey. There are two exact questions like "Are you aware/have..".

Only one of these questions was shown to a respondent, depending on a previous answer.

Thus, if there is a null value for one of the two questions, there will be a non-null value in the other of the questions.

1.png

I thought I could solve it with this formula:

If([Are you aware/have you heard of scams or sudden closures (bankruptcy) of merchants within the beauty and wellness industry? 11]=null) Then [Are you aware/have you heard of scams or sudden closures (bankruptcy) of merchants within the beauty and wellness industry?1] ELSE [Are you aware/have you heard of scams or sudden closures (bankruptcy) of merchants within the beauty and wellness industry? 11] END

However, this still did not yield the desired result. There should not be any null values in the end

2.PNG

Thank you very much for your help!!

Best wishes

• 1. Re: Combining results from two either/or questions
          Cédric Tran

Hi,

Could you try this ?

IF CONTAINS([Are you aware/have you heard of scams or sudden closures (bankruptcy) of merchants within the beauty and wellness industry? 11], 'Yes') THEN 'Yes'

ELSEIF CONTAINS([Are you aware/have you heard of scams or sudden closures (bankruptcy) of merchants within the beauty and wellness industry? 11], 'No') then 'No'

ELSEIF CONTAINS([Are you aware/have you heard of scams or sudden closures (bankruptcy) of merchants within the beauty and wellness industry?1], 'Yes') then 'Yes'

ELSEIF CONTAINS([Are you aware/have you heard of scams or sudden closures (bankruptcy) of merchants within the beauty and wellness industry?1], 'No') then 'No'

end

Cedric