2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2018 3:17 PM by Sebastian Chavez

Filter out values of one field based on associated values from another?

Sebastian Chavez

*Public health use-case, can't include the workbook.*

Each Incident ID is associated with 1 or more Accession Numbers, which in turn are associated with 1 or more Tests, Organisms, and Results. What I need to do is to tell Tableau that anytime an Accession Number is associated with a "Cocci Antibody Test" value in the Classify Test field, it should remove all observations with that Accession Number from the view. Then, anytime an Accession Number is associated with a "Coccioides" value in the Classify Organism field, it should remove all observations with that Accession Number from the view as well.

So the three Accession Numbers for Incident 3882253 should be filtered out, the Accessions for 3882474-3882482 should remain, both Accessions for 3882485 should be filtered out, etc.

Effectively, I'm trying to isolate Accession Numbers that don't have a test or resulted organism that's specific to the assigned disease, but I'm having a difficult time. I thought to use a Fixed LOD but that requires that I use a field that can be aggregated. Help!

Capture.JPG