When we save in tableau public then extract the data source and then publish.
How do I ‘enable extracts’. I cannot find the option on the “Data” and “Help” menu.
You have to create an extract for the 'Sheet 1' data source.
Multiple ways to do that:
1) Right-click on the data source name when you are on a WORKSHEET (not dashboard) in your workbook, and select "Extract Data" from the pop-up menu
2) Go to the Data Source tab in your workbook, and select the "Extract" radio button at the top of the window (on the right-hand side)
3) In your workbook, go to the "Data" menu item, select the data source (at the bottom of the flyout menu), hover over the entry for the data source and select "Extract Data"
Please kindly see attached screenshot of Data Source, it does not have the “Extract Option”. I saw thw messages on the Community Forums, my data menu does not look the same.
Data Menu.jpg 296.5 KB
Read my comment carefully: Hover over the data source name at the bottom of that menu.
The Extract option is in the flyout menu for the data source name.
I need some more information.
Is this a workbook on Tableau Public that you are trying to download? If so, please provide the URL to the workbook.
Or is this something you're trying to upload TO Tableau Public? If so, please attach the workbook to this thread so we can look at it.
Also, looking at the error message in your first screenshot, the error refers to "Sheet 1 (Graph Data)". The data source you are showing in your other screenshots is not the one that is causing the error.
Where is "Sheet 1 (Graph Data)" located?
That's just the Excel file: is that what you meant to attach?
Yes that the Excel file that I meant to attached. Why would it not save the workbook, could something be wrong with the Excel document?
OK, this took me a little while (I haven't been in Tableau Public lately).
I THINK what has happened is that you changed the name of the TAB in the Excel workbook, and Tableau Public is now confused about what the data source is actually called.
There are at least 3 different names in play for that data source:
1) Sheet 1 - this is what it was called when I opened the Excel file
2) Sheet 1 (Graph Data) - this is what you changed the DISPLAY NAME in the Tableau Data Source pane to
3) (P) Spots by Fighting Code_ - this is what you changed the WORKSHEET TAB name to in the source Excel file
So, I think Tableau is still looking for the sheet called "Sheet 1 (Graph Data) - and that sheet does not exist by that name in the workbook any more.
I think you need to start over: change the Excel tab name to whatever you want it to be, and THEN create your vizzes and dashboards from that data. Brand new Tableau workbook, brand new Tableau data source. That should clean up the confusion.