3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2018 5:17 AM by Andreas Hinrichs

Number of records not shown on label & how change axis caption

Alexander Farr

Hello everybody,

I have created following visualization:

1.png

1. I have added SUM(Number of Records) to the label. I don´t understand why it is not shown there.
      2. As you can see family, fun fr, professional are all binary variables. Thus instead of showing e.g. 0,0,1 for professional, it would be much better if it was just labeled professional. Is this possible?

I would really appreciate your help.

Thank you!

• 1. Re: Number of records not shown on label & how change axis caption
          Joanna Pakes

Hi Alexander,

For problem 2, right click on the dimension and select Aliases which will allow you to change the default shown value for you binary fields. If you reference the field in a calculation you will still need to reference the original values, 1 and 0. Changing the alias will only affect how it is displayed.

In regards to problem 1, I can't open your model ( I don't have the latest version) but It might be worth checking 'Show mark labels' is selected.

When I get access to the latest version, I can check out the workbook.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Jo

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Number of records not shown on label & how change axis caption
            Alexander Farr

Hello Joanna,

Thank you for your answer. I have followed your advice on using the alias. However, would it be possible to only show professional, fun fr and family in one column instead of having the following visualization?

1.PNG

I have checked and "Show mark labels" is selected. Is there any other possible explanation?

Thank you!

• 3. Re: Number of records not shown on label & how change axis caption
              Andreas Hinrichs

regarding question 1:

use a calculation checking the three fields

if [Family] = 1 then 'Family'

elseif [Fun Fr] = 1 then 'Fun FR'

ELSE 'Professional'

END

Name that calculation e.g. Type of Contract, add it to rows and remove the three measures from rows.

regarding 2nd Question: right click on one of the value-bars, click select all, again right click, mark Label, always Show.

Show labels always.JPG

HTH

Andreas

1 of 1 people found this helpful