3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2018 10:15 AM by Joe Oppelt

Conditional or Swapping Index and Geographic Filter on Dashboard?

Henry  Shum

Hello,

Index:

The attached workbook contains heavily modified water pollution data for China. On the 1st dashboard, I've edited the map so that the "Percentage of Surface Water with Water Quality Index of Grade IV or Worse" indicator would only display colours for the different provinces, while all of the other indicators would display colours for the different cities. However, the Ranking next to the map only displays the cities for all of the indicators. If I select the water quality index indicator (which has data for the provinces), I would only see the ranking for cities.

Is there a way to edit the dashboard so that selecting the "Percentage of Surface Water with Water Quality Index of Grade IV or Worse" indicator would allow the viewer to see the Ranking for the provinces (but not the Ranking for the cities), but selecting any other indicators would allow the viewer to see the Ranking for the cities (but not the Ranking for the provinces)? I have created a separate ranking for provinces only in a sheet, but do not know how to incorporate it into the dashboard to get what I want.

Geographic Filter:

In the attached workbook, the 2nd dashboard allows viewers to select which pollution indicator and city they want to view. Similar to my issue with the Index, is there a way to edit the dashboard so that selecting the "Percentage of Surface Water with Water Quality Index of Grade IV or Worse" indicator would allow the viewer to filter provinces (but not cities), but selecting any other indicators would allow the viewer to filter cities (but not provinces)?

Any answer that would fix those 2 problems would be greatly appreciated!