2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2018 12:19 PM by Chad Clauson

How Can I Achieve Different Levels of Detail with Percent of Total?

Chad Clauson

I am trending percent of total so by default, each percent of total should be 100% since it's separated by day. I have 3 bar charts, each with dashboard actions. The first, second, and third charts alter the percent of total chart. Additionally, the first chart filters the data in the second chart and third chart, and the second chart filters the data in the third chart as well.

Let's say the total [Count] is highest level. [Count] = 100. If I click on a bar from the first chart, let's call it [A] and say that bar was 50, it should give me the count of [A] / [Count] (50/100 = 50% for that day).

Now since the second chart values are now filtered based on the selection from the first chart, we click on a bar from that second chart. Let's call our selection [B] and say that count was 20. Now I want my percent of total to be [B] / [A]. We should get 20/50 = 40% for that day. (I don't want [B] over the highest level, just the previous level)

Finally third chart is now filtered based on the selection from the second chart. We click on a bar from that chart. Let's call our selection [C] and say the count was 5. Now I want my percent of total to be [C] / [B]. We should get 5/20 = 25% for that day. Once again the previous level.

How can I accomplish all this? I tried a fixed calculation but I can't get it to work properly since it's based on dashboard actions .