4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2018 8:25 AM by Chris Grubbs

How to include two years of data on Map

Chris Grubbs

Hi all, I am new to Tableau and am creating my first document. I am at my wits end trying to figure out my last step. I can not share the data as it is the property of my company. I hope I clearly explain what I need.

I have a large source of data for notice counts for both 2017 and 2018. It lists the number of notice counts by state as well as date and other info. I created a map view to show the notice counts by state for 2018. I have 4 additional filters that helps narrow down the notice counts to specific criteria within those states.

My issue is that I also want to include 2017 data in the same map using the same filters. I do not want to color code the map based on 2017 data (only 2018 data), but I want to include 2017 data and variance from 2018 to 2017 when I hover over each state. I also want the 2017 data to update with the filters I chose for 2018. For example if I chose January-March for 2018 data I want the map to update to show me notice counts from that time period in each state (This works as designed now). My problem is that I also want the 2017 data and the variance to show only January-March 2017 and I want this info to show along with the 2018 data with the same criteria when I hover over each state

I have created a table view on another sheet and got the data and variance to show, but can not figure out how to do it in the map view.

Any help would be appreciated.