6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2018 11:13 AM by Thomas Eberline

Creating a calculation from specific row values

Thomas Eberline

I am trying to build a "score" by calculating specific datapoint values from my dataset that is uploaded below. I have dimensions: [movement_id] [_0_datapoint_key] and measure: [_0_datapoint_value]. I am looking to build a calculation that combines multiple [_0_datapoint_value]s together, but am struggling to accomplish this goal. I have attempted fixed LOD calculations, sets, groups, bins etc and am not having any success. I was expecting a returned value between (40 - 100), and am getting (14,000 - 55,000)The formula that I am trying to use is:

({ FIXED [_0 Motion Id]=6: (SUM([_0 Datapoint Value]*0.5))} + { FIXED [_0 Motion Id]=7: (SUM([_0 Datapoint Value]*(0.5/2)))} + { FIXED [_0 Motion Id]=19: (SUM([_0 Datapoint Value]*(0.5/2)))}) * [Weight]

this tells me that it is valid, but I then have to combine this with filters in order to get only the specific [_0_datapoint_value]s that I am looking to use.

I have not been using Tableau for long (caveat in case this is a stupid question), so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Message was edited by: Thomas Eberline

I made another failed attempt at this. I made the following calculated fields:

Calculated Field Name: motion_id_6

(IF [_0 Motion Id] = 6 AND [_0 Datapoint Key] = 'squat_depth_pct_lt' THEN { FIXED [_0 Datapoint Value]: SUM([_0 Datapoint Value])} END)

Calculated Field Name: motion_id_7 (IF [_0 Motion Id] = 7 AND [_0 Datapoint Key] = 'jump_height_pct' THEN { FIXED [_0 Datapoint Value]: SUM([_0 Datapoint Value])} END)

Calculated Field Name: motion_id_19 (IF [_0 Motion Id] = 19 AND [_0 Datapoint Key] = 'jump_height_pct' THEN { FIXED [_0 Datapoint Value]: SUM([_0 Datapoint Value])} END)

Calculated Field Name: combined ([Squat]*0.5) + (([Vertical Jump]*(0.5/2)) + ([Depth Jump] * (0.5/2))) * [Weight]

this says it is valid, but I cannot get it to populate in the viz field. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.