2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2018 11:55 AM by Egor Larin

Is there a way to fix the height and width of object is a dashboard.

Sudesh Kumar Rambaccussing

Hi,

Is there a way to fix the height and width of object is a dashboard.

I have several text objects with different height, I would like to find a way to fix all of them at a certain height.

Is there a way to change the w and h in the layout.

Right now, I have to do it object by object, one at a time, manually.

Thanks for your help.

• 1. Re: Is there a way to fix the height and width of object is a dashboard.
          Jeff Strauss

I tried it to multi-select and couldn't find a way, but it's a really good idea.  Can you submit an idea, and we'll go upvote?  Ideas

• 2. Re: Is there a way to fix the height and width of object is a dashboard.
            Egor Larin

We can play with containers. BTW they are super powerful! And very annoying

Let's imagine the scenario:

• You have some objects with one size (25px height)
            • You have some objects with another size (50px height)

I would do that:

• Create vertical container
            • Create another 2 vertical containers and move objects with the same size into it
              • 5 objects with 25px height. Total container height will be ~125px
              • 3 objects with 50px height. Total container height will be ~150px
              • Select each containers properties and set Distribute Evenly
            • Now, move both containers with objects to first big vertical container
            • Aaaand... The magic time! - for vertical containers we can set and fix height, so for both internal containers we set height according to total height - 125px & 150px. Now, using elementary mathematics you can set sizes for internal objects
              • For horizontal - we can fix width! Just add it to dashboard, move you big vertical container into horizontal and set the width. Don't forget to add blank object!
            • Job's done!
            • You also can change Outer paddings to 1px. Not sure how Tableau still shows 25px with outer paddings=4, but that is another story

Hope that helps