Please refer to below link hope it will help.
2 of 2 people found this helpful
Data blending is by default does left outer join. All columns in primary and linked values in secondary. Yes your assumption is right.
- Data blending is also another method that lets you combine data.
- Data blending is useful when you want to join data but the databases you're using don’t allow joins—for example, data in cube data sources
- Its very useful when you want to combine data at different level of detail ( Ex. Daily transaction data to be combined with monthly data)
1 of 1 people found this helpful
1.Use the filter dimension based on primary ds, because secondary table value will come with common only.
2. When you do any aggregation in blended view then use the filtering dimension in view and get correct value. if you miss to add dimension in view then it will give overall sum.
3. Yes, blending is left join.
4. Action will not work in blend.
Hope you have got the understanding of data blending. Close this thread by marking any one of the answer you feel is correct