0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2018 7:19 AM by Allyson Krupar

Duplicate error message when connecting data source

Allyson Krupar

Hi Community,

I have had several strange errors with Tableau Public 2018.2 when connecting my data source. I was able to connect successfully without three of our columns, but when I added them again, the data source will not create the calculated fields drawing on the additional columns (which we have used in the past). Not only does the below duplicate error appear, but it changed from three errors to 4 somehow.

Error message text:

Errors occurred while reloading the data source.

Removed 1 duplicate members from the group '[Sheet1].[Home Possessions (Total Types) (group)]'.

Removed 3 duplicate members from the group '[Sheet1].[Learning Materials (Total Types) (group)]'.

Errors for 'HLE Distribution':

Removed 3 duplicate members from the group '[Sheet1].[Learning Materials (Total Types) (group)]'.

Errors for 'Wealth Distribution':

Removed 1 duplicate members from the group '[Sheet1].[Home Possessions (Total Types) (group)]'.

Screenshot of the error message encountered.

Tableau version: Tableau Public 2018.2

No string data, so it doesn't seem to be part of the known error: (Creating extract data causes duplicate issues )

OS locale:

The template is available here https://public.tableau.com/views/FinalIDELAVisualizationTemplateNEW/IDELASnapshot?:embed=y&:display_count=yes  and attached. The data file is also attached.

Thanks so much in advance!