5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2018 4:17 AM by Stephen Groff

Action Filters - Not Changing All Sheets

Stephen Groff

I'm trying to create an ACTION filter that is attached to all my worksheets.  (CLICK TO SEE ENTIRE PICTURE)

When you select a particular picture... all the worksheets change to that product family:

However, when I click any of the images, the filter never changes....  What am I doing wrong here?

On the dashboard I can get it to change everything on the dashboard per the filter, but I want my target to be EVERY SINGLE SHEET, not just one single sheet.

The idea here being... when I choose the picture (product family) all of the my actions will also show data regarding the picture I selected.  I only want the user to have to select the picture one time and then everything connected to that dashboard will be associated with the picture they selected.

Something tells me I am going to have to change all my calculations to include:  IF [product family]=X

I cannot attach workbook, I am sorry.

• 1. Re: Action Filters - Not Changing All Sheets
          maneesh.gaddam

In a single action, you can select all the sheets you want to Target as long as these sheets are on same dashboard. For your action filter, are all the sheets coming from the same datasource or multiple ones?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Action Filters - Not Changing All Sheets
            Stephen Groff

All sheets are built from the same data source.

I was hoping to be able to select the [Product Family] one time, which does change all the information in a specific dashboard per the [Product Family] selected as you stated.

However, I want to connect dashboards together, so if I select a specific [Product Family] in one dashboard, then all dashboards would change.

I have a lot of connections I want to make between dashboards, but they all need to filter the same exact way.  I cannot fit all of my Viz's on a single dashboard.  It doesn't make any sense to select [Product Family]="ACOM" on one dashboard, then have a action to view a chart from a different dashboard only to have the user have to filter the [Product Family] again and again.

THANKS!

• 3. Re: Action Filters - Not Changing All Sheets
              maneesh.gaddam

Stephen,

Sorry for responding after a while, for this you have to create multiple actions. An action for each dashboard precisely.

Create a 'Select' action for Product family sheet to filter all other sheets on same dashboard. Then create a Menu action for each dashboard, so that when you navigate between main dashboard to other using actions, the product family passes its value into the dashboard.

However, if you're dealing with multiple dashboard tabs, this makes tool-tip crowded.

• 4. Re: Action Filters - Not Changing All Sheets
                Peter Fakan

Hi Stephen,

Just throwing this out there, have you thought of creating the images as a multiple-shape worksheet and then using this as a filter ?

HTH

Peter

• 5. Re: Action Filters - Not Changing All Sheets
                  Stephen Groff

Let me try the solutions, I appreciate both of you taking the time to reply.