2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2018 5:37 AM by Chad Clauson

Is a Dynamic denominator in Percent of Total Possible?

Chad Clauson

Is it possible for the total (denominator) in a percent of total trend chart to be dynamic based on what the user selects? In my case I have a few different dashboard actions/filters. The categories from biggest to smallest go: Bucket Type>Class>Error Code.

If my user selects a bucket type, it takes the count of the selected bucket type (numerator) / total count across all 3 bucket types (denominator). If my user selects a class from the chart, it takes the total count of that class (numerator) / total count of that bucket type (denominator). If my user selects a specific error count, it takes the total count of that specific error (numerator) / total count of that specific class (denominator).

I'm not sure if this possible to do in one chart but if so, can someone show me how? Please see attached.

• 1. Re: Is a Dynamic denominator in Percent of Total Possible?
          Jim Dehner

hi see the attached

I made your conditional filter explicit (v a condition in the filter window - they are computed at different points)

added class to context

and used this to determine the %

I just plotted as a dual axis so yo could see if it is doing what you want -

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

• 2. Re: Is a Dynamic denominator in Percent of Total Possible?
            Chad Clauson

You're somewhat on the right track but the numbers are not right in your chart. The bucket type parameter control should control all 3 charts. If I select "Non-Informational" from the dropdown and the date on the slider is October 4, it should show me non-informational classes data from that date (ie benefit-related and image). In this example, we have a total count of 89 for this bucket type. Looking at the other two bucket type counts, we have a total of 89 as well. Therefore the percent of total should be 50% for that day as 89/198 = .5.

If I go further and click on the benefit related bar for that day, that has a count of 80. 80 / total count for that bucket type (non-informational). So percent of total should be 90% as 80/89 = .9.

From there, if I click on 10T error code, I should get a count of 78. 78 / total count for that specific bar. So 78/80 =97.5%. That's 3 levels of percent of total I'm looking for and should be shown when I click on the bars through dashboard actions.