1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 15, 2018 10:01 AM by Ken Flerlage

LOD Filter Problem

Jim Jones

HI,

I have a problem filtering which I think can be solved via LOD but I'm not sure how to do it.

I have built the attached workbook on superstore - there's two worksheets in there, both showing sales. One is at the product level, one at the category level. I have created a range filter on SUM([Sales]) on the product level worksheet. So I want to filter for only products in a certain range. I want this to also apply to my category level worksheet. But of course if I select for the filter to apply to this it vanishes as the categories all have SUM([Sales]) much bigger than the sum([Sales]) at the product level.

So I want an LOD calc at the product level that can be used as a filter for the category level. But when I try e.g {Fixed product : SUM([sales]} I don't get the correct output.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: LOD Filter Problem
          Ken Flerlage

Your LOD is correct. I suspect that, when you are creating the filter based on this LOD, you're choosing to make it a measure (i.e. SUM(Product Sales)). Instead, choose to make it a dimension (i.e. choose "All Values"). That will prevent it from further aggregating the data before filtering. Does that make sense?

Have a look at the attached and let me know if this addresses your issue.