1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 21, 2018 11:32 AM by Patrick A Van Der Hyde

Percent of Total Drill?

Chad Clauson

I have 3 charts on my dashboard: bar chart by category, bar chart by subcategory, and a percent of total trend chart. I have a single date dashboard filter that acts on the first two charts. I also have a parameter that will filter all 3 charts based on the selection. There is also an error code dropdown filter to find a specific error code. Finally, I have a dashboard action for my first chart to act on the other two, and a dashboard action on my second chart to act only on the third, the percent of total chart.

Now my issue: I can't get my percent of total chart to work correctly. I'd like my percent of total chart to reflect based on whatever is selected, whether it be that parameter or clicking on a bar, or choosing a dropdown error code. By default, the parameter will show one of the three values. I'd like that to be numerator while my denominator be the total counts of all 3 parameter values.

If my user clicks on a bar from the first chart, it will show that count as the numerator while my denominator is the total count of all the bars from that parameter view.

If my user clicks on a bar from the second chart, it will show that count as the numerator while my denominator is the total count from that class.

ex: Assume date selected is October 4, 2018.

default view: parameter: Non-Informational -         sum(count) where class is not informational or critical  / sum(count) across informational, critical, noninformational.  (89 / 178) for oct 4

class view: parameter: Non-informational , bar selected: benefit related-     sum(count) where class is benefit related/ sum(count) all non informational classes (i.e. image and benefit related) (80 / 89)

error view: parameter: Non-informational, bar selected: Benefit Related, error code selected: 1OT -          sum(count) where error code is 1OT / sum(count) of benefit related bar (78 / 80)

I don't know if this is possible as I can't figure it out but I'd love to have this view especially when I'm dealing with thousands of errors. Please see attached if you can help! Thanks.